Sunday, September 7, 2008

Don't tell me how to vote, thank you.

This post is in response to Christians who suggest to me that it is my “duty” as a Christian to oppose Barack Obama in November.

I am, as you have described yourself, a Christian.

Please, don't suggest who I (as a Christian) should vote for.

It may be your only consideration about who to vote for by their stance on the abortion issue.

I don't know your heart, only God knows that. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that there are many Christians who only care about the rights of the unborn, until they are born (then, you’re on your own).

Never mind the pointless war (yes, that’s my opinion and not the subject of this post) in Iraq, and the prospect of more in Iran (can you all sing with me to the tune of the Beach Boys “bomb, bomb, bomb, Iran”).

You, as a Christian may (and are instructed to) spread the Word of God. But, your opinions are not the voice of God.

It is my belief (again, my opinion) that it is better to use compassion than condemnation to show (not say) how God works in my life.

As far as faith and politics go, God speaks to those who listen and has made us all different (I thank Him VERY much for that!). He touches the lives of His followers in different ways.

I can only speak for myself when I say “I’m not a Christian who happens to be a Democrat; I’m a Democrat because I’m a Christian”.

However, for anyone who thinks they are going to email me or reply and “teach” me with hate, forget it, because my Teacher condemns that behavior. And as you all must know, He is only one who can rightly judge.

Finally, before anyone chooses to condemn me, please keep in mind that, as I have put my faith in God as a Christian, I already know and have confessed to God that I'm a sinner.

He tells us to go out and continue His work, just not the judging part, OK?

God Bless You All.

Peace.

No comments: