Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Decisions Have Consequences

I was always taught that my decisions have consequences.

That is why I was so disappointed in the effect of John McCain's selection of Sarah Palin as his vice presidential running mate.

For some reason, I expected that the American public would reject this selection, and it would be shown in the form of lower approval for McCain as the choice for President of the United States.

That is not because I don't like Sarah Palin. It is because I thought that it was a bad decision to select her as VP and the natural consequence would be that support for Obama would increase.

Much to my surprise and disappointment (and anger), I was completely wrong in the result of this selection.

Now, I'm a person who spends a lot (A LOT) of time following politics, and I personally investigate what is happening in the current political events and climate. And I will have to admit that I lean (FAR) left.

OK, still, how could this happen?

How could the election have been tipped from a major Obama lead (well deserved through hard work and focus and attention to the issues crucial to the middle class voters) before Palin, to a substantial McCain/Palin lead in the polls, seeming due only to the selection of Sarah Palin?

Really, how?

My next question was, how long would it last? It lasted longer that I thought it would.

As of today (9/18/08), and I really hope it's more due to the Palin "bubble bursting" than due to the financial disaster we are currently experiencing, it looks like Obama is retaking the lead in the polls.

Personally, I know I am responsible for MY decisions.

But, please America; think about what you have been taught to believe. I only want you to search your heart.

Who do YOU think would better serve this country?

Answer the question with your vote in November.

No comments: